RevitaLash eyelashes serum is a topical serum designed to help lengthen and increase the fullness of thin, dry and damaged eyelashes and brows. Made by Athena Cosmetics, the aim of this product is to become a permanent alternative to expensive eyelash extensions and harsh chemical mascara—a product that can help women grow their own beautiful eyelashes and make them longer and stronger than they’ve been in years.
RevitaLash combines proteins, multivitamins, botanicals and many other ingredients that work in harmony to heal, moisture, and strengthen each individual eyelash hair and follicle, making them resilient to outside elements that can often cause damage and breakage. The result, at least in 90% of cases, according to Athena, is longer, stronger and more voluminous eyelashes, without the use of mascara or extensions.
According to the manufacturer, RevitaLash is completely safe to use and works quickly—in a matter of three to ten weeks. The product retails for $120, making it one of the more expensive products of its kind on the market today, but a portion of this cost does go to breast cancer research.
How to Apply RevitaLash
Athena Cosmetics recommends you apply RevitaLash once a day, preferably at night, right before bedtime. While you can apply the product in the morning, make sure you apply it first, prior to putting on mascara, eyelash extensions or false eyelashes. Using the applicator brush that comes included with the product, apply RevitaLash to the base of each eyelash, top and bottom. Start at the inside corner of the lash nearest the eye, and brush away from the eye and outwards until you have applied a thin coating of the serum to each eyelash. Ideally, you should leave RevitaLash on for 8-12 hours, and wash it off with warm, soapy water.
Ingredients in RevitaLash include:
Water/Aqua/Eau, Octapeptide-2, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Calendula Officianalis Flower Extract, Isopropyl Cloprostenate, Swertia Japonica Extract, Chlorphenesin, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Biotin, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Disodium Phosphate, Oleanic Acid, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Apiqenin, Sodium Chloride, Phosphoric Acid, Cellulose Gum, PPG-26-Buteth-26
RevitaLash: Pros and Cons
Below is a brief look at some of the benefits and potential disadvantages to purchasing and using RevitaLash:
- Guaranteed. Products that offer a guarantee are an indication that the manufacturer has faith it will produce results, which is why the 90-day, no-questions-asked guarantee offered by Athena Cosmetics is a definite a plus when purchasing RevitaLash.
- Reputable company. Athena Cosmetics is a respected maker of cosmetic and cosmeceutical products, with a proven track record for delivering consistent quality. The company also donates a portion of the sales to aid breast cancer research.
- Expensive. RevitaLash, at least when compared to other products of its kind, is rather expensive at $120.
- Side Effects. Some customers have reported side effects when using RevitaLash. Some of these included a dark discoloration of the skin in the treatment area, along with mild to moderate irritation at the contact site after prolonged use.
- Effectiveness? At $120 a bottle, customers should expect real results from this product, but in far too many customer reviews, the effectiveness of RevitaLash was brought into question. In fact, in many of these cases, users of the product saw little to no improvement in eyelash length or volume after a full three months of continued use. These negative reviews are hard to ignore and should be considered carefully before investing in RevitaLash.
RevitaLash eyelash conditioner is one of the more well-known eyelash enhancement products on the market today. They have done extensive advertising, some of which even included the use of celebrities promoting the product, but it still does not mask the fact that many “real” people who have tried the product saw little to no results whatsoever. There have been many side effects reported when using RevitaLash, and because it can take up to 3 months to work, the price you will need to pay can quickly add up.
At $120 RevitaLash may be too expensive to take the risk. There are many similar products on the market today that not only retail for much less, they offer the same results as RevitaLash without the risk of side effects.