Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For, formulated by Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Skin Care, is a product that claims to lengthen, strengthen and thicken your eyelashes in just a matter of weeks, eliminating the need for costly eyelash extensions and/or skin-damaging mascara. The paraben-free formula in this product is designed to quickly condition, moisturize and repair your existing eyelashes—lashes that have become dry, brittle and damaged over time—and encourage new eyelash growth.
Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For combines powerful peptides and amino acids with essential vitamin and minerals to create their patent-pending eyelash growth formula. According to Roth, when used once daily for several weeks, not only will the product create lashes that are softer and moister, but longer, thicker and more distinct as well. The product retails for $125, which makes it one of the higher priced products in this class when measured against the competition.
Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For: Directions for Use
Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For should be applied once a day, at night, right before bedtime. You will first want to wash your face and eyelashes thoroughly, removing all makeup and/or skin products, and allow your lashes to dry completely. Using the applicator brush, apply the serum in a thin line along the base of the upper eyelashes, nearest your eyelids. You will not need to use very much product, nor should you, to accomplish this. A little is all you need. As a bonus, the serum can also be applied at night to thinning or sparse eyebrows to help give them more volume and fullness.
Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For: Ingredients
The complete list of ingredients in Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For includes:
Water (Aqua), Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Phospholipids, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Acrylates C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclodextrin, 17 Phenyl Trinor PGE2 SA, Triethanolamine, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Alcohol
Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For: Pros and Cons
- Conditions very well. As a conditioner, Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For is a very effective product. Most customers that have used the serum report eyelashes that are more moist and softer to the touch, which will ultimately prevent eyelashes from breaking or falling out prematurely.
- Convenient. Based on the reviews for this product, most people found the overnight application very convenient, as it allowed them to condition their eyelashes, without altering their customary morning facial routine.
- Broad availability. Many of the more popular eyelash conditioners and enhancers are only available online, forcing customers to pay the added shipping costs, but Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For can be found in many drugstores and department stores that sell cosmetic products, as well as in salons.
- Cost. Retailing for as high as $125-$150 a bottle, Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For is one of the most expensive eyelash enhancers on the market today. Other products in this category can often be found at one-third of the cost.
- Iffy results. To say that the customer reviews for this product are mixed would be a grand understatement. While a few of these reviewers laud the effectiveness of Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For, many more report little or no results in terms of the product’s ability to lengthen or thicken their lashes.
- Takes a while to work. Of those customers that did develop longer and more voluminous lashes, most of them had to wait 2 months or more before seeing these results.
- Side effects. Several side effects have been linked to this product, including itching, dryness and redness at the application site, and dry or blurry eyes after prolonged use.
Due to some positive reviews (reviews that were few and far between) it would be unfair to give Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For a complete “two thumbs down,” but it would also be disingenuous to recommend this product to you. At over $100 a bottle, customers have every right to expect the results Peter Thomas Roth claims, and to see them quickly, but in most cases this product simply fails to deliver. While it did prove to be an effective eyelash conditioner, in terms of lengthening and thickening eyelashes it definitely comes up short. Your best bet is to find a more affordable product with a proven track record, rather than invest $100-plus on a risky product like Peter Thomas Roth Lashes to Die For.