Today there are many products on the market that claim to lengthen your natural eyelashes when used regularly, but one of the innovators of these enhancer products was Jan Marini, the manufacturer of Jan Marini Lash Conditioner, part of the Jan Marini Skin Care product range. This particular product has been popular for several years now, and is marketed to customers looking for a way to lengthen and increase the volume of their eyelashes, which is actually what this conditioner claims to do.
Since the time Jan Marini Lash Conditioner was first introduced, more and more has been learned about the way Jan Marini products work and their potential side effects. As a result, the Jan Marini Company has continued to reformulate their conditioner to ensure not only the best results, but also the utmost safety of their customers. For example, the formula for the initial Jan Marini conditioner contained the controversial ingredient prostaglandin, but because this ingredient was found to cause a dark discoloration of the skin in the treatment area, the new Jan Marini Lash Conditioner is now prostaglandin-free.
Although the formulation is different now, the manufacturers of Jan Marini Lash Conditioner still claim that their product is effective. Many women use the Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner. When used regularly—once a day—the product is said to moisturize and repair dry, brittle and damaged eyelashes, and make them appear longer, fuller and stronger in just a few short weeks.
Customer reviews for Jan Marini Lash Conditioner are mixed. Some former and current customers praise the product for its effectiveness in creating longer and fuller eyelashes, but others claim they saw no results whatsoever. These negative reviews are quite disparaging, especially when you consider the product retails for $114.95, a price that makes it one of the more expensive eyelash conditioners on the market today.
Jan Marini Lash Conditioner: Directions for Use
With every purchase of Jan Marini Lash Conditioner you’ll receive a handy applicator brush, which you will use to apply the product to your eyelashes. Begin with a clean, dry area, and using the applicator brush apply a thin coating of the Jan Marini serum to each of your eyelashes. The correct way to accomplish this is to start at the inside corner of the lash at its base, and brush the product using an upwards motion to avoid contact with your eyes. The conditioner should be applied once a day, and for the sake of convenience, Jan Marini recommends you apply it at night, right before going to bed, and wash the product off first thing in the morning. here they recommend using Jan Marini cleanser but any good cleanser will do.
Jan Marini Lash Conditioner: Ingredients
Water (Aqua), Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, C12-C15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Acrylates/ C10-C30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Myristyl Pentapeptide-17, Myristoyl Tetrapeptide-12, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Tocopherol, Biotin, Camellia Sinesis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Cinnamomum Zeylanicum (Cinnamon) Bark Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces/Copper Fe
Jan Marini Lash Conditioner: Pros and Cons
- Fast-acting. With some eyelash conditioners, users must wait several months before seeing any noticeable improvement in the appearance of their eyelashes, but with Jan Marini Lash Conditioner, some people saw noticeable results in just a couple of weeks.
- Easy-to-use. Jan Marini Lash Conditioner comes in an easy-to-use tube and leaves no mess to clean up after application.
- Conditions well. If nothing else, the ingredients in Jan Marini Lash Conditioner are very effective at moisturizing and repairing dry and brittle lashes, which helps reduce the chance of breakage.
- Expensive. Jan Marini Lash Conditioner is priced on the high side as compared to other eyelash conditioners, some of which can be purchased for under $50.
- Questionable results. Because Jan Marini Lash Conditioner was one of the first of its kind to hit the shelves, many people have stayed with it even though the results have been questionable. In fact, many claim that the new formula is actually less effective than the original.
About half of the customer reviews we found regarding Jan Marini Lash Conditioner were mostly negative. This obviously raises a “red flag.” In most of these reviews, people stated that while the product was effective as a conditioner and moisturizer, it did very little in terms of lengthening their eyelashes, as the manufacturer claims. Moreover, it is priced very high when compared to the competition. For all of these reasons, you may be well advised to research some of the other eyelash enhancement products—products that can offer the same results, but at a significantly lower cost than Jan Marini Lash Conditioner.